Pausing to reflect and/or gather feedback at the mid-way point in any activity can be beneficial. It gives us the opportunity to check-in, to:
- make sure we’re still headed in the right direction
- identify and address any challenges
- notice and celebrate our achievements
Here are some questions that I’ll use to guide my thinking as I review the year so far and set some intentions for the next six months.
Looking back on the past six months…
- What is different now than it was six months ago?
- What was your proudest moment?
- What was the biggest challenge? How did you tackle it?
- What stopped you making the progress you wanted?
- What have you learnt most about yourself?
- What has inspired you most?
- What are your three greatest achievements so far this year?
Looking forward to the next six months…
- What are your intentions for the next six months?
- What do you need to do for yourself to help you make progress?
- What help/support do you need from others?
- What skill that you can acquire or develop would have the most impact on your future goals?
- What do you need to leave behind?
- What is the first action you will take?
Now it’s your turn. To give yourself some accountability, let me know when you’re going to do this… and then again when you’re done. I’d love to hear a highlight from your reflections.